10 Valuable Points for Happy Marriage
1. Both spouses should have the Fear of Allah. Allah consciousness is the core of a successful marriage.
2. Both spouses should never be angry at the same time.
3. There are sometimes arguments between spouses. If one has to win the argument, let it be the other. Give your spouse the benefit of the doubt. Let him/her win the argument.
4. Both spouses should never shout at each other unless ‘the house is on fire!’.
5. If you have to criticise, then do it lovingly, with wisdom and diplomacy. Be a mirror to your husband/wife.
6. Never bring up mistakes of the past.
7. You should neglect the whole world, rather than your marriage partner.
8. Never sleep with an argument unsettled.
9. At least once a day express your gratitude to your partner.
10. When you have done something wrong, be ready to admit it and ask for forgiveness. Do not justify your wrongs.
Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Mahmood | darulmahmood.net